B.Baykadamov State Choral Chapel
Main conductor: Beimbet Demeuov Kenesbaevich (Honored Worker of Kazakhstan)
The laureate of All-Union competitions, the State Choral Chapel joined the Philharmonic in 1935, initially representing a small mixed choir led by composer Dmitry Matsutsin, and already in 1936 in Moscow the choir successfully tore off a decade of Kazakh art.
In February 1939, by the Decree of the Government of the Kazakh SSR, the Philharmonic Choir was transformed into a State Choral Chapel.
During the formation of the chapel, it was led by Boris Lebedev, Latif Hamidi, Boris Orlov, Bakhytzhan Baykadamov, Galina Vinogradova, and from 1959 to 1991 the chapel was headed by People’s Artist of the USSR, laureate of the State Prize, Professor Anatoly Vasilyevich Molodov. Today, the artistic director and chief conductor of the chapel is the Honored Worker of Kazakhstan Beimbet Demeuov.
Now the repertoire of the chapel includes choral arrangements of folk songs and kuys, compositions of large forms — suites, poems, cantatas and oratorios of outstanding works of Russian and foreign classics, works by contemporary composers of Kazakhstan — M. Tulebayev, B.Baykadamov, E.Rakhmadiev, G.Zhubanova, M.Sagatov, S.Mukhamedzhanov, K.Kozhamyarov M.Mangitaev, J. Tursunbaev. The a cappella successfully tours Kazakhstan and abroad.